VB.net Version

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Jan 25, 2008 at 12:20 AM
Hello,

I'm sure this has been asked before (but I did do a search first! :) Will there ever be a version of BE in vb.net?

Thanks
David
(you newest fan)
Jan 25, 2008 at 5:53 AM
This is actually the first time I've seen this... and I've been a user/participant on these forums since 1.0...

But my hunch is no... not a real solid use of ones time... now if somebody wants to branch if off on CodePlex and convert it, I'm sure Mads and the rest of the crew wouldn't care a bit (and if they did their Licensing says it doesn't matter :-) )

Jan 25, 2008 at 2:05 PM
Why would you want a VB.NET version? Tracking all the changes in two different languages would be a real pain with no benefit.

If you want a great learning expereince why not try rewritting it yourself in VB.NET.

I'm primarily a VB.NET programmer myself but as a ".NET" programmer you really need to learn both languages or at least be able to follow 99% of what's going on.
Jan 28, 2008 at 7:31 PM
It would be nice to have the ability to have additional user controls that are already developed in VB to be "added" as custom controls to this project without having to convert VB to C#. Both language can't be mixed in the same project. Any suggestions?
Jan 28, 2008 at 8:46 PM
Are you sure? Thought that was the cool thing about .net... you could write in your own code and it just works.