How to change about author

Jan 25, 2008 at 4:27 AM
Maybe I am retarded, but how to I set the About Author section of BlogEngine.net? Please help.
Jan 25, 2008 at 1:01 PM

stieferj wrote:
Maybe I am retarded, but how to I set the About Author section of BlogEngine.net? Please help.

It depends on what Theme you are using.

If you are using the Standard theme you need to edit SidePanel.ascx under /themes/Standard.

This is a manual process, in otherwords there is no pretty interface to set it.
Jan 25, 2008 at 8:50 PM
Thanks for the response, after playing with the themes a bit last night I realized it would be a manula process. Again, thanks.
Jan 26, 2008 at 2:19 PM
Edited Jan 26, 2008 at 2:21 PM
yea I'm lost on that too, I'm using the standard theme and how to do you change the photo to mine? please a step by step for this newbie, i don't understand what your saying nor can i find the SidePanel.ascx under /themes/Standard.

:-( Rina
Jan 28, 2008 at 2:46 PM
The way to change this is to find the Themes folder in the root of the project folder. The SidePanel.ascx is a user control that will have to be edited manual with a Visual Studio product, unless you have another IDE that will read .net code. Editing the SiteMaster.master is pretty straight forward as it's mostly just HTML with a bit of BlogEngine.Net server controls in it.

You would just find the sections you'd like to modify and make your changes. Such as finding the Author section and add your own image tag in there and little biography.

I'm nt clear as to what you will need to do to the SidePanel.ascx, but I wouldn't think it's very hard either, probably just a control to render HTML. I hope this helps, if it does not please feel free to repost and I will try and be more clear.
Jan 28, 2008 at 5:21 PM
um OK, like i said I'm a newbie, I'm lost, so how do i get there, please a step by step!! Rina :-)
Feb 4, 2008 at 9:49 AM
So what's the point of supporting multiple authors if the author name/description/picture must be static?
Feb 4, 2008 at 2:53 PM
The Author section need not be static. That section is theme specific, as there are several themes that don't have it. I'm sure there are clever ways to make the Author section be read from the database or whatever other medium you'd prefer.