help and where are the user profiles :-(

Topics: Controls, Themes
Jan 26, 2008 at 2:12 PM
I'm using the Standard theme for BlogEngine and under "About the author" there is a icon of a man, how can i change that to my photo? also i want to add that "darkblog" theme to my website, how do i do that? I don't know anything about ftp etc :-(, so make it easy for me please, a step by step for this newbie please!

...also do you guys plan on adding user profiles like my space, we would love to see that!! Blog sites have been around forever nothing new here, but adding user profiles with photos would really spice it up and bring back the people to my/your sites! :-) thanks and let me know!

Rina.M
Jan 26, 2008 at 11:19 PM

rina wrote:
I'm using the Standard theme for BlogEngine and under "About the author" there is a icon of a man, how can i change that to my photo?

What, that's not your profile? ;-)

The Standard theme is pulling that image from the folder: themes/Standard/noavatar.jpg.

What you need to do is edit: themes/Standard/SidePanel.ascx file, and tell it point to the image of your choosing.
Unfortunately, there is no way to do this via the web admin interface- you have to edit the source file directly (as far as I know)

HTH
Jan 27, 2008 at 12:21 AM
hey dan! so how do i do that, is that ftp caz im lost and i dont know anything about ftp :-( please give me a step by step rina
Mar 27, 2008 at 1:28 AM

rina wrote:
hey dan! so how do i do that, is that ftp caz im lost and i dont know anything about ftp :-( please give me a step by step rina

rina, however you got your code onto your server, just use the same method but just for the single picture file. The location of the 'picture' is described by Dan above so you just have to create an image that is an 80x80 pixel jpg and substitute it for 'noavatar.jpg' at the above location. When I did that I did not even bother to change the name, I just used 'save as' in my editing program (you can use Gimp or whatever) and drilled down to that folder where the picture is located and copied over it. No sweat, no strain!

I hope this helps.
Jul 16, 2008 at 7:02 PM
Make sure that, replacing noavatar.jpg is not replacing the commenters image (if you are using Gravatar and the commenter does not have one)