Cannot Post Comments with New Install of BE 1.6.1

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Controls
Apr 30, 2010 at 7:15 PM
Edited Apr 30, 2010 at 7:19 PM

- Previewing comments results in 'waiting' icon. It just keeps on spinning without showing any results

- Click Save Comment results in no change. Nothing happens, including receiving error messages.

I attempted to post comments, logged in and logged out, FF, IE, Opera & Chrome - all with the same results listed above.

I am new to BlogEngine.NET, so I followed the Install directions. The only change I made was the name of the install directory (BlogEngine.NET became BlogEngine); it was changed prior to uploading the folder to the server. Everything else appears to be working fine. This is the location of the live install: http://www.spirevoice.com/BlogEngine/

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!

*Note: In IE, the error code that appears after clicking on the error icon in the bottom left corner of the browser is listed below:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; InfoPath.2; Tablet PC 2.0; .NET CLR 3.0.30729) Timestamp: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 19:06:41 UTC

Message: Syntax error Line: 3 Char: 1 Code: 0
URI: http://www.spirevoice.com/BlogEngine/js.axd?path=http%3a%2f%2fwww.spirevoice.com%2fBlogEngine%2fWebResource.axd%3fd%3dj246orv_38DeKtGbza6y6A2%26amp%3bt%3d633747603010710849

Message: Syntax error Line: 3 Char: 1 Code: 0
URI: http://www.spirevoice.com/BlogEngine/js.axd?path=http%3a%2f%2fwww.spirevoice.com%2fBlogEngine%2fWebResource.axd%3fd%3dWPlOuL4rgyNDaPA-Suv_j8oz_UZDxvllDUDv5wL3hHQ1%26amp%3bt%3d633747603010710849

Message: Object expected Line: 409 Char: 1 Code: 0
URI: http://www.spirevoice.com/BlogEngine/post/1914-translation-by-H-Rackham.aspx

Message: Object expected Line: 2 Char: 3291 Code: 0
URI: http://www.spirevoice.com/BlogEngine/js.axd?path=%2fBlogEngine%2fblog.js&v=1.6.1.0

Message: Object expected Line: 6 Char: 483 Code: 0
URI: http://www.spirevoice.com/BlogEngine/js.axd?path=%2fBlogEngine%2fblog.js&v=1.6.1.0

Message: Object expected Line: 6 Char: 483 Code: 0
URI: http://www.spirevoice.com/BlogEngine/js.axd?path=%2fBlogEngine%2fblog.js&v=1.6.1.0

Message: Object expected Line: 6 Char: 483 Code: 0
URI: http://www.spirevoice.com/BlogEngine/js.axd?path=%2fBlogEngine%2fblog.js&v=1.6.1.0

Message: Object expected Line: 6 Char: 483 Code: 0
URI: http://www.spirevoice.com/BlogEngine/js.axd?path=%2fBlogEngine%2fblog.js&v=1.6.1.0

Coordinator
May 1, 2010 at 12:06 AM

There's a lot of errors going on at your website :)

I would first uncheck the "Compress WebResource.axd" option in the Advanced Settings section on the Settings tab in the control panel.  That should clear up the errors (or at least a large percentage of them).

May 1, 2010 at 12:44 AM

Excellent!  That did the trick.  As for those errors, they seem to all be gone.  :)

Thanks!

Jun 3, 2010 at 8:19 AM

Hi,

I am new to the BlogEngine.NET... however I installed version 1.6.1 and I use SQL Server to store my posts...
I can create posts and I can also add comments when I am logged in.

When I am NOT logged in I get the following error message when I try to post a comment: (I have filled in name, email and a comment.)

"Sorry, the following error occurred while processing your comment: There was an error in the callback."

 

Coordinator
Jun 3, 2010 at 10:24 AM

This could be possibly related to the Recaptcha or Aksimet extensions (on the Extensions tab in the control panel).

I would try disabling these two extensions (Recaptcha in particular) to see if that eliminates the error you're seeing.

Jun 3, 2010 at 11:26 AM

Now it works after I disabled Recaptha...

Thank you!