This project is read-only.

Engine does not recognize markup

Jan 27, 2008 at 11:24 PM
Edited Jan 28, 2008 at 1:48 AM
This is the second time I have used for a blog app. The first one works great. However, when I use any extensions that use the [] format for markup they are not recognized. I have tried using the more and mp3 markup extensions and it does not work at all. Any idea what would cause this?
Jan 28, 2008 at 1:49 AM
Ok I now know that this is theme specific. What could be missing that is not pushing the javascript for these extensions into what I guess would be the header section of the post page, etc.
Mar 4, 2008 at 11:56 AM
Did you figure out what the issue was? I'm having the same troubles with my theme!

Mar 4, 2008 at 7:26 PM
Edited Mar 4, 2008 at 7:28 PM
I do not think that is a theme specific, of course i try with all themes in BE 1.3 and all works well.

I have a problem using more, because the enterily post was in a big div tag, so all pages was crazy when extensions render the link. My solution was to split the big div in two like this:
<div align="justify">
<div align="justify">

check this list:
1) What theme are you using?
2) Do you have the extensions .cs file?
3) Do you enable this extensions?

Let me know what happen
Mar 7, 2008 at 11:58 AM
thanks for the post - back. My problem is that I have used 'standard' theme, and my extensions all work fine. I made my own theme, dropped it into the 'themes folder'. When I switch themes to my new one, everything changes, but the extensions don't 'work' -- e.g., they just come out as more or silverlight: --- I know it is theme specific since the extensions work under the 'standard'

I was wondering what in the theme 'triggers' the replacement, and then I could dig into my custom theme to figure out what I didn't put in...
Mar 7, 2008 at 1:07 PM
Ok, review your theme code
Mar 7, 2008 at 4:00 PM
Here is another guess:

Try to view your post in FireFox having the FireBug debugging Add-On installed. Look for any kind of error that FireBug reports. I guess that you have some kind of JavaScript error that prevent the html to be rendered correclty.

Mar 7, 2008 at 4:03 PM
By the way, if you use the mp3 player and the silverlight extensions at the same time then I know what the javascript error is: Both extensions are trying to load a javascript file called player.js. The first one wins and the second extension will throw some script errors. I fixed this in my setup by renaming one of the scripts to avoid the name clash.