Disqus Comments

May 5, 2010 at 3:19 PM
I've just implemented version 1.6.1 on my site because I wanted to use Disqus comment system. I added a comment to one of my blog posts but I noticed that the Comments (0) below the blog post doesn't show that a comment was added, hence the (0) next to the Comments link. I was wondering if this was just a bug, or is this a known issue with using the Disqus comment system?
Coordinator
May 5, 2010 at 3:32 PM

That comment counter you see is coming from the theme you are using. Take a look at PostView.ascx in the Standard theme, you need to do the same (or similar) to update your own theme to show disqus counter:

<% if (BlogEngine.Core.BlogSettings.Instance.ModerationType == BlogEngine.Core.BlogSettings.Moderation.Disqus)
   { %>
   <a rel="nofollow" href="<%=Post.PermaLink %>#disqus_thread"><%=Resources.labels.comments %></a>
   <%}
   else
   { %>
   <a rel="bookmark" href="<%=Post.PermaLink %>" title="<%=Server.HtmlEncode(Post.Title) %>">Permalink</a> |
   <a rel="nofollow" href="<%=Post.RelativeLink %>#comment"><%=Resources.labels.comments %> (<%=Post.ApprovedComments.Count %>)</a>   
<%} %>

May 5, 2010 at 3:42 PM
Excellent, thank you very much for the information!