This one's down to me! Please accept my apologies for this - I'll see to it that the developer responsible for this happening is given 20 lashes

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Business Logic Layer, Controls
May 7, 2010 at 5:36 PM

I have changed the DataSource to SQL Server 2005 and When I try to login using the user ID and password this is the error I am getting... any good solution

Ooops! An unexpected error has occurred.
This one's down to me! Please accept my apologies for this - I'll see to it that the developer responsible for this happening is given 20 lashes (but only after he or she has fixed this problem).

Coordinator
May 7, 2010 at 10:45 PM

Normally, if you are logged in, then under this error message you see, there will be some technical details which are helpful for identifying the issue.  But it looks like you're not yet able to log in.  In the root folder, there's a file named error.aspx.cs.  In there, you'll find this line of code:

if (Page.User.Identity.IsAuthenticated && HttpContext.Current.Items.Contains(contextItemKey))

.... temporarily change that to:

if (HttpContext.Current.Items.Contains(contextItemKey))

and then try logging in again.  If the error happens again, you should get those error details I mentioned above.