ERROR when install Blogengine on shared hosting environment

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
May 20, 2010 at 12:55 PM

Hi,

I have a problem to install the blogengine application in my hosting provider. The provider, use IIS 7.5 on Windows 2008 R2 with a custom trust (medium modified) for asp.net application. I have download the last version of blogengine and I copy the folder in subdirectory of my principal site:  www.mydomain.com/blogengine. I convert in "application" the folder and set the physical path in remote storage \\storage\wwwroot$\mydomain\blogengine and I use the Connect as with an user that have permission to access the remote folder.

If I set the application with a classic application pool, the error that return is:

Server Error in '/blogengine' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.
Parser Error Message: Request for the permission of type 'System.Web.AspNetHostingPermission, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed. (\\dfs-storage\wwwroot\net\l\a\b\labwinsys\BlogEngineWeb\web.config line 82)
Source Error:
Line 80: </siteMap>
Line 81: <httpModules>
Line 82: <add name="WwwSubDomainModule" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpModules.WwwSubDomainModule, BlogEngine.Core"/>
Line 83: <add name="UrlRewrite" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpModules.UrlRewrite, BlogEngine.Core"/>
Line 84: <add name="CompressionModule" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpModules.CompressionModule, BlogEngine.Core"/>

If I set the application with a integrated application pool, the error that return is:

Server Error in '/blogengine' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Security Exception
Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy.  To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file.
Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Web.AspNetHostingPermission, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.
Source Error:
An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. 
Stack Trace:
[SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Web.AspNetHostingPermission, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.]
   System.RuntimeTypeHandle._GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean loadTypeFromPartialName) +0
   System.RuntimeTypeHandle.GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +64
   System.RuntimeType.PrivateGetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +58
   System.Type.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase) +65
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase) +342
   System.Web.Configuration.ConfigUtil.GetType(String typeName, String propertyName, ConfigurationElement configElement, XmlNode node, Boolean checkAptcaBit, Boolean ignoreCase) +52

Regards

Massimiliano