unable to Import from blogs.msdn.com

Topics: Business Logic Layer, Controls
Feb 1, 2008 at 8:09 AM
I am trying to import all of my posts + comments using the BlogXML importer tool, but I end up with 15 posts in the App_Data/Posts folder. They will not show up on the blog itself. Comments are not imported at all, but categories are imported and are working. Any insights or advice around this will be highly appreciated.
Feb 1, 2008 at 3:01 PM
I know you said you used BlogXML, but if you just used your RSS feed, it's likely that your RSS feed is currently set to only show the last 15 posts. You need to go into the Community Server control panel and set it to something like 1000 to ensure you get all of your posts. The best way to export is to actually push your blogs.msdn.com blog to the intermediate blogXML format, the import that. But you need direct database access and I don't think that's possible on blogs.msdn.com.
Feb 2, 2008 at 8:15 AM
Thanks John. I tried using the RSS feed, but it's limited to 15 and I as a simple user cannot change it to 1000. The weird thing is that when I fire-up Windows Live Writer I can download every single post.

I submitted a request asking them to export it and hand it over, unless someone else has the answer.
Feb 3, 2008 at 4:25 AM
I get invalid RSS format error while trying the same.
BTW, importing was working fine in the previous version of the tool which I have used successfully...

So I guess something is broken in the import tool.