Hey all, I posted this in the Issue tracker as well, but thought I would start a discussion as well to see if anyone else was experiencing this and possibly found a solution.
I seem to have come across this issue when post that are clearly set in the database (using MSSQL provider - though I have tried with XML Provider with the same results) and the post does not show properly. Example is when I delete a post. After logging out
and visiting the blog on a different computer, the post is still there, though it is actually gone from the DB. It is as if the post are stored in cache on the server somewhere? This has become extremely frustrating and I have not found a solution. Any help
would be greatly appreciated.
Here are the steps I took to produce the issue:
1) Publish blog to web server deleting all existing files
2) Visit blog and login as an admin
3) Added a new post unchecking publish
4) Logged out - At this point the post does not show up (good), however, the Archive shows a post for this month. When clicking on the archive link, nothing is displayed
5) Log back in - post is visible along with other post
6) go to Add Entry - unpublished post is auto filled in and the link for Unpublished post is available at the top of the page
7) to keep things straight, I click on the unpublished link and select the incomplete post.
8) I recheck publish and Save
9) I get an error:
Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
adminentry.btnSaveClick(Object sender, EventArgs e) +337
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +105
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +107
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +7
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5102
10) Push the back button in the browser and click save again
11) This time it goes through. Both post are visible while logged in.
12) Log out - only one post is available even after a refresh
13) I check the database and everything looks correct
14) Refresh another few times and the new post finally appears
15) Refresh again and it disappears
16) Click on the February Archive link - nothing shows
17) Refresh and the new post shows
This is just a description of a simple new post. I have experienced weirder more bizarre issues when editing and deleting post (after deleting, the post still shows on the main page).
Let me know if you have any questions or ideas...thanks!!!