Deleting Posts, Editing Posts and CPU 100%

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Feb 5, 2008 at 3:26 PM
Edited Feb 7, 2008 at 5:08 PM
For some reason, when I try to delete a post and click "delete", it won't delete. The page doesn't refresh or anything, and the post still appears.

If I want to remove a comment however, and click delete, the page doesn't refresh, and the comment still appears. When I refresh the page manually, the comment is gone.

Some times when I try to edit or delete, the CPU goes to 100%, and I can't get it back unless I change the .net version to 1.1 under properties. It then goes back down to normal. Then I can change it back to 2.0, and it runs again.

The error caused (as listed on our server) is: ThreadAbortException:
(something about using response.end etc:)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/312629/EN-US/

I've given a lot of permissions for write etc to most of the accounts like: ASPNet Machine, IISWPG, Network and IUSR accts' with ermission to read, write and delete, on the appdata directory, but I keep getting the "access" error (i.e. can't write to the folder).

Has anyone run into this before?

Thanks
Feb 22, 2008 at 7:43 PM
I'm experiencing the same issue when trying to delete a post or a comment on a page. Nothing disappears until you manually refresh the page.

Both the "delete" and "edit" links reside in <%=AdminLinks %>, but I can't locate where this code appears. I think that adding the following javascript to the delete link would fix the problem,

onclick="window.location.reload()"

Does anyone know how to modify the <%=AdminLinks %> section?

Thanks.