This project is read-only.

trouble installing two blogengine apps, in two application folders in IIS7 - Server Unavailable

Jul 11, 2010 at 5:33 PM
hi. I want to install two blogengines in a single site. I created two applications trough Plesk control panel. the applications are created correctly. I then copied the two folders from my local IIS7 to the server IIS7. I receive this error: "Server Application Unavailable The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your request. Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server. Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur. " unfortunately I don't have access to event log. Is there any common error for such scenarios that might help me make the applications work?? or is there a way to find out what is the problem? I have the same thing working correctly in my local server (with just different web.configs only different in connection strings).
Jul 12, 2010 at 1:21 PM
can't someone help? I'm really in trouble for this!
Jul 13, 2010 at 1:53 PM
I recently have same or similar issue, turned out host provider did not allow to override some of the sections in web config and IIS would throw that error. I ended up removing all disallowed sections letting machine config handle them, that seems to resolve it.
Jul 13, 2010 at 8:20 PM
Edited Jul 13, 2010 at 8:22 PM

it's really funny.

I don't know what I did, but one of the two blogs is set up and is working now.

but the other one doesn't still work. I had tried things like changing permissions for worker process for web.config file and even dll files and other things. I tried recreating application, and still it doesn't work.

to find out what was the problem, I copied all the contents of the working blog, to a new application, and it doesn't work in the second application.

I really don't know what to try next!

something important I had changed in the working blog, was that I changed application settings from PLESK to allow 

scripts and executables.

now I have two blog applications which one of them works and the other one doesn't. and they have same files. something must be wrong with the configuration, and I can't guess what it is.

(your solution won't of course work for me, because the two web.configs are equal)

I'm really confused!