State of BlogML project?

Jul 22, 2010 at 2:05 PM

I've been doing some research on importing WordPress (WP) content to BlogEngine.NET (BE).  The consensus of my Googling and Binging seems to be finding a way to export WP content as BlogML, then importing it into BE.  However, the main BlogML site is inaccessible due to to a DNS issue, and I cannot seem to find the spec anywhere else.

I've been a PHP and WP developer for several years, and think that I would have the ability to write something that would work.  However, if BlogML is not an active project, then I may be better off focusing on a database script rather than a BlogML export.  I have several blogs I'd like to convert, so I think that the time invested up front would yield dividends in the future; I just want to make sure I invest that time into something that will work.  :)

Coordinator
Jul 22, 2010 at 5:25 PM
BlogML has not been updated in a while and I don't know status of the project (http://blogml.codeplex.com/). That said, it is a large open source project and it would be shame if it dies. I made few improvements in the BE core to handle BlogML better, including tag imports, and moved it from separate one-click application to the core project itself (BlogEngine/DotNetSlave.BusinessLogic/API/BlogML). Except BlogML we have RSS import, but due to time constrains I did not port it to BE. Still can be used through one-click app though... So, because we don't have lots of resources we likely stick with BlogML making best of what we have. If you are interested in making improvements in this area, that would be great to coordinate moves and share it with community so everybody can benefit.
Jul 23, 2010 at 3:28 PM

OK - I'll download the sources and see what I can do.  I'll share what I find.  :)