Can I create custom user roles in BlogEngine 1.6.1

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Controls
Aug 6, 2010 at 11:12 AM
I've added the Post Security Extension to the blog I am creating, and am wondering if there is a way to create some custom user roles besides the ones provided. So if I was to create a new user once I've entered a persons details I can choose more than just Administrators or Editors. I have looked through most of the files and cant see anywhere obvious where I would need to add my custom names. Any one able to help me out with this? Thanks in advance.
Aug 6, 2010 at 12:31 PM
Found it. The roles.xml file in the App_Data folder. I had edited this just before the previous post and nothing seemed to happen. I just logged back into my blog to check if there was anything else I may have missed and the new user role was suddenly there. I have no idea why it took so long to update itself but the main thing is it has worked :D
Aug 7, 2010 at 1:30 AM

I have recently been playing around with this as well.  If you want to specify permissions for that user you can do that in the web.sitemap file and the web.config file in the admin/pages directory.  This way you can start to specify what role can do what.  Hope this helps.

Jason