Blog engine 1.6.1 posting error

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Aug 24, 2010 at 11:13 AM

I have installed BlogEngine .Net 1.6.1 and after i click on add article button bellow dashboard i get this error page:

Error Details:
Url : http://peterm.aspone.cz/post.aspx?id=c51bbca5-f56f-4a32-8e33-4b5161a83429

Raw Url : /post/Blog-rozbehnuty.aspx

Message : Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.

Source : System.Web

StackTrace : at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)

at ASP.post_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)

at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()

at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

TargetSite : Boolean HandleError(System.Exception)

Message : Index and length must refer to a location within the string.

Parameter name: length

Source : mscorlib

StackTrace : at System.String.InternalSubStringWithChecks(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length, Boolean fAlwaysCopy)

at seopack.AddMetaTagDesc[T](T obj, Page page)

at seopack.PostServingHandler(Object sender, ServingEventArgs e)

at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)

at BlogEngine.Core.Post.OnServing(Post post, ServingEventArgs arg) in D:\Projects\Be-1610\BlogEngine\DotNetSlave.BusinessLogic\Post.cs:line 1031

at BlogEngine.Core.Web.Controls.PostViewBase.get_Body() in D:\Projects\Be-1610\BlogEngine\DotNetSlave.BusinessLogic\Web\Controls\PostViewBase.cs:line 206

at BlogEngine.Core.Web.Controls.PostViewBase.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\Projects\Be-1610\BlogEngine\DotNetSlave.BusinessLogic\Web\Controls\PostViewBase.cs:line 40

at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e)

at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

TargetSite : System.String InternalSubStringWithChecks(Int32, Int32, Boolean)

what is bad and what can i do to fix this ?

Coordinator
Aug 24, 2010 at 11:22 AM

It looks like you have the SEO Pack extension installed.  The error is occurring within that extension.  I'm not familiar with the extension -- others may be.  You can disable the extension to get past the error -- disabling it can be done on the Extensions tab in the control panel.

Aug 24, 2010 at 11:27 AM

You true. I have installed this extension. I am new in bloging. And can you advertise me any good syntax highlighter?