Error when registering a rating

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Business Logic Layer
Feb 20, 2008 at 11:14 AM
Hey Frnds,

I have recently migrated to BE.Net and im facing a small problem... kindly bail me out...

When some one rates my post then an error stating "An error occurred while registering your rating. Please try again", is displayed. But the wierd thing is when i refresh the page the rating is getting stored. Donno why and also the one person is able to rate a single post any number of times. guide me to the core....

P.S. What setting should I have to change in web.config, to open my blog in the desktop....imean i downloaded the hosted copy and tried to build that in the VS.2005 and i got an error stating "Error12 It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS."
Mar 25, 2008 at 6:25 PM
still waiting for an answer!!!!

indey wrote:
Hey Frnds,

I have recently migrated to BE.Net and im facing a small problem... kindly bail me out...

When some one rates my post then an error stating "An error occurred while registering your rating. Please try again", is displayed. But the wierd thing is when i refresh the page the rating is getting stored. Donno why and also the one person is able to rate a single post any number of times. guide me to the core....

P.S. What setting should I have to change in web.config, to open my blog in the desktop....imean i downloaded the hosted copy and tried to build that in the VS.2005 and i got an error stating "Error12 It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS."

May 29, 2008 at 3:21 PM
To fix this problem, give Write permission on the App_Data folder to the appropriate user.  (I assume it's the IIS user, but since I'm testing the app on my machine I gave Write rights to Everyone.)

I just ran into this problem myself.  It seems the website download does require some configuration despite what the ReadMe file states.
May 30, 2008 at 1:19 AM

Hi Indey,

I think this is one of the improvement I would suggest to BlogEngine.NET team. Currently it does not have error logs that can give administrative information to us what happenned actually when an error like that popped up.

Regarding to running BlogEngine.NET locally, if you use VS2005, I think you'd better use ASP.NET development server than IIS. If you use IIS you have to configure IIS so that the virtual directory where you put the BlogEngine.NET file is configured as web application.

Regards,
Agus Suhanto
http://suhanto.com

indey wrote:
Hey Frnds,