Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Controls
Aug 31, 2010 at 5:16 AM
Edited Aug 31, 2010 at 5:22 AM

New install on godaddy hosting.

On saving new post produces Error page "oops...."

On clicking title of post to view full post produces error page "oops..."

on clicking archive, and then clicking post title produces error page "oops.."

On clicking comments to post produces an error page "oops.."

I'v been using BE since 1.4.7 so not a problem with the admin, will BE 1.6.1 ever get an update to fix all of these problems.

and if not how about a sinple post  that provide complete and explicte deatiled info on how to fix BE 1.6.1 so that it works 100%

Thanks

Jun 29, 2011 at 9:30 PM

James, did you ever get this working?  I had a working BE 1.6 install that I just migrated to a GoDaddy Hosting account and sure enough I get the same problem.  Any insight on this would be appreciated. 

Jun 29, 2011 at 9:52 PM

Yes, there are 2 issues here.

Seems every time I decide to do an upgrade it seems to coincide with Godaddy doing as ystem or server upgrade.

"..if I didn''t have bad luck, I wouldn't have.. no luck at all..."

The answer is to in stall any and all ASP.NET and ASP scripts into there own subfolder reletive to your root DIR.

/ ROOT / BLOG

/ ROOT / FORUMS

doing this fixed teh issue.

Also ensure that your WEBCONFIG file(s) are in that sub DIR and the links are absolute and not relative.

It has always been a WEBCONFIG issue to date.  The default install is usually in the ROOT DIR unless you specify other wise, and this is where the problems arise.

It's really unfortunate that there is not enough give and take of information RE: BE (which was not always the case) nor is there ever a clear consise explanation or video for installs, upgrades, or fixes.

There is way too much assuming that those trying to use BE are already well versed in hacking or writing code.

In truth it would appear that most of us know enough to be dangerous to ourselves.

Now when ever I have a problem I have my web developer in India fix what is broken. (found him on getacoder.com)

Honestly it just takes to long to post to any help forums and get a real answer, or hack it a problem for days on end, when I can pay someone $25 to make my life easier, fast, and pain free.

Jun 29, 2011 at 10:20 PM

Thanks James, I will give that a try. I appreciate the speedy response.

Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 4:53 PM
To: greg@caporale.us
Subject: Re: New install BE 1.6.1 not working properly [blogengine:225384]

Yes, there are 2 issues here.

Seems every time I decide to do an upgrade it seems to coincide with Godaddy doing as ystem or server upgrade.

"..if I didn''t have bad luck, I wouldn't have.. no luck at all..."

The answer is to in stall any and all ASP.NET and ASP scripts into there own subfolder reletive to your root DIR.

/ ROOT / BLOG

/ ROOT / FORUMS

doing this fixed teh issue.

Also ensure that your WEBCONFIG file(s) are in that sub DIR and the links are absolute and not relative.

It has always been a WEBCONFIG issue to date. The default install is usually in the ROOT DIR unless you specify other wise, and this is where the problems arise.

It's really unfortunate that there is not enough give and take of information RE: BE (which was not always the case) nor is there ever a clear consise explanation or video for installs, upgrades, or fixes.

There is way too much assuming that those trying to use BE are already well versed in hacking or writing code.

In truth it would appear that most of us know enough to be dangerous to ourselves.

Now when ever I have a problem I have my web developer in India fix what is broken. (found him on getacoder.com)

Honestly it just takes to long to post to any help forums and get a real answer, or hack it a problem for days on end, when I can pay someone $25 to make my life easier, fast, and pain free.