MySQL5.0 Setup Script

Sep 1, 2010 at 3:23 AM

Is there a MySQL 5.0 Setup Script verison for BE 1.6.2? Looking at what comes with BE it is for MySQL 5.1. When I try to use it I get the following error:

Incorrect syntax near '`'. Incorrect syntax near '`'. Incorrect syntax near '`'. 'CURDATE' is not a recognized built-in function name. 'CURDATE' is not a recognized built-in function name. Subqueries are not allowed in this context. Only scalar expressions are allowed. Incorrect syntax near ')'.

I would perfer to use MySQL since my host provider only gives me 200MB MS SQL Server database while I can get a 1GB MySQL database.

Sep 1, 2010 at 9:10 AM

There's no indication that CURDATE() no longer works in MySQL 5.1.  The documentation shows it as being a valid function in MySQL 5.1.

The error message says "incorrect syntax near ..." several times.  I don't think CURDATE() is the problem -- it's most likely that the error is just occurring near CURDATE().

As far as I know, there hasn't been any DB structural changes since 1.6 was released.  So the setup script that comes with 1.6 should work with 1.6.2.

I'm able to run the BE 1.6 script against MySQL 5.1.37 without any errors.  So I'm not sure why you're getting an error.

You might want to double check (if you haven't already), and make sure you're running the same script that can be found here.

If you continue to get errors, I would suggest running the script in chunks to see where the error is occurring exactly.