Importing-posts-from-Wordpress.com-into-BlogEngineNET issue

Sep 8, 2010 at 10:32 AM

Hi, I'm having an issue with Importing posts from Wordpress.com into BlogEngineNET.
I have been trwling the net for possible soulutions to this issue but I having no luck.
I have managed to use the wordpress export tool to export the wordpress.

I have then converted the wordpress xml to blogml.
Then when I use the blogengine import function my source type and destination info all validates fine.
and the blog importer say BlogML import complete.
The issues I'm haing is my imported content is not showing up.
I have checked into this and alot of post suggest doing an IIS rest,

which I have done but the content still is not showing up?

Has anyone encountered this issues? I'm stumped..

Why no werk!

Sep 8, 2010 at 11:11 AM

btw should my imported content show up in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\BlogEngine\App_Data\pages?

as nothing is showing up in there after the import.

please help as I'm currently weeping into my desk drawer with upsetnessness

Coordinator
Sep 8, 2010 at 3:47 PM

If you are using XML data provider (default option) your comments should show up as "comments" node in the post XML. Check XML files in the app_data/posts folder looking for "<comments>".

Sep 8, 2010 at 3:51 PM

thanks will check into it now!

Sep 15, 2010 at 10:29 AM

Hi, nothing is showing up in the folder. It's blank!
Anybody else have an idea? I'm facing having to copy and paste html from my old blog if I can't get this working!

Surely somebody brilliant may have encountered this issues before and resolved it?

Sep 20, 2010 at 2:24 PM

anyone there?

Sep 22, 2010 at 4:25 PM

not exactly a friendly bunch...

Coordinator
Sep 22, 2010 at 5:42 PM

When you saying nothing in the folder - do you mean really nothing, like no posts? Or just comments not added to existing posts? Can it be that you are using DB provider? Did you check if IIS has write permission on app_data (can you post, add comments to the blog)? If you can post, can you check where that posted comments added? Lots of questions and no answers, but you have to be more specific for people be able to help you.