BlogEngine.Net Tag cloud

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Sep 13, 2010 at 8:02 PM

Guys, one of my clients has just pointed out that the Tag cloud "doesn't work" and frankly I feel a bit stupid now!

It does work in terms of increasing size & weight of the tags within the cloud... but doesn't appear to filter posts by tag when clicked. Is the expected behaviour? So it's essentially just a visual indicator?

I wouldn't have expected this to be the case, wonder if i've done something wrong during setup... as  far as I know I am using the latest version (1.6).

Coordinator
Sep 13, 2010 at 9:44 PM

When you click any tag, what do you see in the browser's address bar? It should be similar to: "http://yoursite.com/blog/?tag=/tagname" and posts should filter on that "tagname".

Sep 14, 2010 at 10:59 AM

Thanks rtur. When i click the tag, it attempts to redirect to to "...?tag=/tagname" but then automatically redirects to /default.aspx, showing all posts.

The blogs are configured on subdomains, eg blog.domain.com - i have an index.html at the root of each subdomain, redirecting to blog.domain.com/default.aspx, - thought this could be the cause, but having removed the index file I am still experiencing the same behaviour

Coordinator
Sep 15, 2010 at 9:39 AM

If you manually type in the tag into the address bar, same problem?

blog.domain.com/?tag=/tagname

What about if you add "default.aspx" in there (by typing it into the address bar):

blog.domain.com/default.aspx?tag=/tagname

Both of these work for me.  Neither work for you?

Everything else is working?  For example, category pages, Pages, individual post pages (when you click on the title for a post)...

....../category/BlogEngineNET.aspx
....../page/Example-page.aspx
....../post/Welcome-to-BlogEngineNET-1-6.aspx