Support of IIS7 integrated pipeline?

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Sep 15, 2010 at 7:53 PM

I just upgraded a 4 year old instance of BlogEngine from Server2003/IIS6 to Server2008/IIS7.

I had to switch the Application Pool to use Classic Pipeline instead of Integrated Pipeline.

Is there a reason why BlogEngine.NET does not support integrated pipeline? I'm under the impression that classic pipeline will be deprecated in future releases.

The exact error, which occurs only when the AppPool is set to Integrated Pipeline, is:

Exception type: HttpException     

Exception message: The type initializer for 'ExtensionManager' threw an exception.  

Stack trace:    

at System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.EnsureAppStartCalledForIntegratedMode(HttpContext context, HttpApplication app)  

at System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers)  

at System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context)  

at System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context)  

at System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) 

Sep 15, 2010 at 8:05 PM

BE does work in integrated mode.  If you're using integrated mode with an older web.config file, you may need to update your web.config file to one that is compatible with integrated mode.

The latest web.config file is here.  It has the <system.webServer> section with the modules and handlers defined within it.