What happened to my extensions?

Sep 22, 2010 at 3:50 PM

I recently tried enabling various extensions on my BE install. Didn't do anything than enable/disable the ones already on the list. Got an error message that said permission to web.config denied, changes couldn't be made (in red at the top of extension page), yet the changes still took affect. Everything is fine, extensions worked (enabled Akismet). 

Fast forward to 1 day later, I log back in and my extension list looks like this. 

Basically every extension is listed like 30 times each.

What happened and how can I fix it?

Sep 22, 2010 at 5:43 PM
Edited Sep 22, 2010 at 5:45 PM

This problem is getting worse.....I am not sure what is going on, but now when i check my extension list, each one is listed probably 100 times each, it seems to be getting longer...what is going on??? The blog is becoming extremely slow to perform actions too.

Clicking on the settings of one of the extensions also shows me like 100 copies of the settings on the same page. So when i click edit on any of the Akismet settings, it shows 100 different form fields for the key and URL...

Coordinator
Sep 22, 2010 at 6:35 PM

You need to recycle application pool. If you have access to IIS or your provider let you do it over some kind of control panel, that should work. If not, you need to update web.config, may be just add empty string or comment, for IIS to start recycle process.

Sep 22, 2010 at 8:04 PM

Yep that did it, thanks that was freaking me out.