Unexpeted error

Sep 28, 2010 at 6:08 PM

Today, I am working on my blog and at the moment of saving I received this error message: 

Ooops! An unexpected error has occurred.

This one's down to me! Please accept my apologies for this - I'll see to it that the developer responsible for this happening is given 20 lashes (but only after he or she has fixed this problem).

Error Details:

Url : http://blogs.jouvaderm.com/admin/Pages/Add_entry.aspx

Raw Url : /admin/Pages/Add_entry.aspx

Message : Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.

Source : System.Web

StackTrace : at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)

at ASP.admin_pages_add_entry_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)

at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()

at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

TargetSite : Boolean HandleError(System.Exception)

Message : Access to the path 'D:\Inetpub\vhosts\jouvaderm.com\httpdocs\blogs\App_Data\posts\aa1fcdba-4348-4311-b59d-fe47bf52ce8d.xml' is denied.

Source : mscorlib

StackTrace : at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)

at BlogEngine.Core.Providers.XmlBlogProvider.InsertPost(Post post) in D:\Projects\Be-1610\BlogEngine\DotNetSlave.BusinessLogic\Providers\XmlProvider\Posts.cs:line 252

at BlogEngine.Core.Providers.BlogService.InsertPost(Post post) in D:\Projects\Be-1610\BlogEngine\DotNetSlave.BusinessLogic\Providers\BlogService.cs:line 104

at BlogEngine.Core.Post.DataInsert() in D:\Projects\Be-1610\BlogEngine\DotNetSlave.BusinessLogic\Post.cs:line 827

at BlogEngine.Core.BusinessBase`2.Update() in D:\Projects\Be-1610\BlogEngine\DotNetSlave.BusinessLogic\BusinessBase.cs:line 345

at BlogEngine.Core.BusinessBase`2.Save(String userName, String password) in D:\Projects\Be-1610\BlogEngine\DotNetSlave.BusinessLogic\BusinessBase.cs:line 313

at BlogEngine.Core.BusinessBase`2.Save() in D:\Projects\Be-1610\BlogEngine\DotNetSlave.BusinessLogic\BusinessBase.cs:line 288

at admin_entry.btnSave_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)

at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)

at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument)

at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

TargetSite : Void WinIOError(Int32, System.String)

What can I do with this?

Thanks a lot!!!

Eric

Sep 28, 2010 at 7:38 PM

Message : Access to the path 'D:\Inetpub\vhosts\jouvaderm.com\httpdocs\blogs\App_Data\posts\aa1fcdba-4348-4311-b59d-fe47bf52ce8d.xml' is denied.

Your server doesn't have write permissions to the App_Data folder.

Dec 18, 2010 at 7:43 AM

Our server have write permissions to the App_Data folder.

Dec 18, 2010 at 5:58 PM

Hmm - do you get this with every post, or only on this particular GUID?  If it's just this one, check to see if there's already a file with that name that may have different permissions on it.  If it's every time, check permissions on the \posts directory.  The permission issue is the core exception in the above stack trace, so I have to think that the problem is something related to permissions somehow.