Your login attempt was not successful in MS SQL enabled BlogEngine.net 1.6

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Business Logic Layer
Oct 18, 2010 at 3:21 PM

Your login attempt was not successful in MS SQL enabled BlogEngine.net 1.6

Please anyone help me on this... BlogEngine one of the great blog tool i ever seen, but I need the same with MS SQL Server as backend....

Coordinator
Oct 19, 2010 at 4:10 AM

Are you using the default username/password (admin/admin) ?

What users do you have in the DB table be_Users ?

Is the DbMembershipProvider and DbRoleProviders setup as the "default" providers in your web.config file?  See the 2nd to last post in this thread on Aug 31st to verify what your default providers are.

Oct 19, 2010 at 2:42 PM

In DB this is the record available in be_users table

UserID UserName Password LastLoginTime                EmailAddress
1          Admin       password  2010-09-27 20:58:24.860 email@example.com

DbMembershipProvider and DbRoleProviders setup as the "default" providers are perfectly setup as default ... sorry even your referring artcile doesnt helps me :(

any good working solution please :(

Oct 19, 2010 at 2:47 PM

I tried inserting new user manually to this table and tried login... i got this error 

Ooops! An unexpected error has occurred.
This one's down to me! Please accept my apologies for this - I'll see to it that the developer responsible for this happening is given 20 lashes (but only after he or she has fixed this problem).

Coordinator
Oct 19, 2010 at 5:49 PM

Passwords in the be_Users table are normally hashed.  So if the password in there is actually "password", you won't be able to login.  What you can do is set the password to an empty string.  Basically:

UPDATE be_Users SET [Password] = ''

After doing this, you might need to restart the blog in case the old credentials are cached (they probably aren't, however).  You can restart the blog by making any change to the web.config file (add a space, etc).  Then try logging in under admin/admin (when the password is blank, the default password of "admin" works).

Oct 20, 2010 at 2:53 PM

Perfect. It worked.... thank you