MetaWeblog API and Comments

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Business Logic Layer
Oct 29, 2010 at 8:02 PM

I just realized that the methods supported by the BlogEngine.Core.API.MetaWeblog do not have any way to manage comments (such as approve, delete, etc).

I realize that is not part of the metaweblog API, but we also support methods from blogger and wordpress in that handler.  Therefore, I have the following questions:

1. Does anyone know of an accepted API for a comment approval system that could be integrated and be compatible with BlogEngine?

2. If not, would the BlogEngine team want some methods created to support these functions?

The reason I'm brining this up is because I would like to create a Win7 Phone app that enables a comment approval system via the phone.  There just isn't an API to do that with the current implementation.

P.S. It would also be sweet to add push capability to BlogEngine so that new comments are pushed to a phone as they are submitted.

Coordinator
Oct 29, 2010 at 8:54 PM

If you look at ~/App_code/Comments.cs in the current build, you'll find bunch of web APIs, including approve/reject etc. Should fit nicely for your purpose.