How to get BlogEngine.NET 1.6.1 (web) to work?

Topics: Business Logic Layer
Oct 30, 2010 at 7:12 AM
Edited Oct 24, 2011 at 5:59 PM

I downloaded the web edition

BlogEngine.NET 1.6.1 (web)
application, 1567K, uploaded Apr 21 - 24932 downloads

When running it with Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2010 Express

I keep getting Compiler Error Messages about missing directive or assembly.  Getting 3 before this one

Can't find "ExpressionEditor"

Compiler Error Message: CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ExpressionEditor' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Url : http://localhost:55527/blogengine/admin/Dashboard.aspx

Raw Url : /blogengine/admin/Dashboard.aspx

Message : c:\inetpub\wwwroot\blogengine\admin\admin.master.cs(64): error CS1061: 'BlogEngine.Core.AuthorProfile' does not contain a definition for 'PhotoUrl' and no extension method 'PhotoUrl' accepting a first argument of type 'BlogEngine.Core.AuthorProfile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Message : c:\inetpub\wwwroot\blogengine\admin\admin.master.cs(59): error CS1061: 'Admin.AdminMasterPage' does not contain a definition for 'AdminProfile' and no extension method 'AdminProfile' accepting a first argument of type 'Admin.AdminMasterPage' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Where does the files and folders in the "DotNetSlave.BusinessLogic" folder goes?

Thanks

Java Blog

Oct 31, 2010 at 5:09 AM
Edited Oct 24, 2011 at 7:01 PM

I figure it out since its in source form you have to compile the BE Engine Core first into a dll and then it makes the Core.xml file and then it works.