What to put in the HTML head section ?

Topics: Themes
Oct 31, 2010 at 12:54 AM

Hi! I see that there is HTML head section in the settings page. What do I have to put here ? And how ?

Coordinator
Oct 31, 2010 at 2:02 AM

You don't have to put anything in there.  That's just in case you have something you want to insert in the HTML head section such as tracking code, or scripts, etc.  It's 100% optional.

Oct 31, 2010 at 2:04 AM
Ok. Do i have to put a description of my website inside or enter some keywords for search engines in this box ?
Coordinator
Oct 31, 2010 at 2:12 AM

Yes, that's exactly the types of things you can add in that HTML head section field.

However, I *think* all the BE pages are currently setup to output META keywords and a description on all the pages.  So if you were to add your own Keywords or Description, the page would end up having multiple Keywords and/or Description meta tags.  This is probably good to avoid.  You can check via View Source in your browser to see if there are Keywords and Description meta tags.

So you probably don't need to output that, but there might be something else you need to output at some point.

Oct 31, 2010 at 2:15 AM
Edited Nov 4, 2010 at 3:39 PM

Ok i see. I'm experiencing something weird i don't understand why. The name of my blog is "". When i go on google search then enter the name of my blog, google display the navigation page....like 

| Le blog du déploiement Microsoft - [ Translate this page ] précédent; 1; 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · 11 · 12 · suivant. Theme par L & Y. © 2010 ; Contact · BlogEngine.NET · Log in. www..com/ - Cached

So i was looking how to fix this

Coordinator
Oct 31, 2010 at 2:20 AM

Yes, I see that same thing when Googling your site.  Not sure why ... it's up to Google how they display their results.  Often in that area of Google results, they show the META description tag.  Yahoo results looks more normal.

Oct 31, 2010 at 2:25 AM
I don't know if i look at the good place but when i display the source of the page, i don't see any description or keywords meta tags. Can you confirm that ?
Oct 31, 2010 at 2:27 AM
my mistake i see what you mean. Something like

<meta name="keywords" content="Office 2010,Activation,MAK" />

I guess, i'll have to put better tag then
Oct 31, 2010 at 2:54 AM
Thank for all your answers.