This project is read-only.

Various problems...

Topics: Business Logic Layer, Themes
Nov 1, 2010 at 9:39 PM

I have BlogEngine 1.4 running on my WebSite for quite a while now, with VistaDB.

Now I'm trying to update to BlogEngine 1.6.1 and SqlServer.

I already successfully updated my DB to SqlServer (used the the SQL script in the source to recreate the DB and then I migrated the data with SQLServerImport)

now, if I try to run the website, I got this error:

(PS: I might have some extra stuff installed on the server! but I have no idea! I was hopping to find out via debugging but I have little success... I can see I am not much of a web developer)

Exception Details: System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Byte[]' to type 'System.String'.

Source Error: 

Line 85:     void Application_Start(object sender, EventArgs e)
Line 86:     {
Line 87:         Utils.LoadExtensions();
Line 88:     }
Line 89: 

Source File: c:\Lloyd-Work\MyWork2\www\WPIBlog\BlogEngine.Web\Global.asax    Line: 87 

Stack Trace: 

[InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Byte[]' to type 'System.String'.]
   ExtensionManager.DataStoreExtension(String name) in D:\Projects\Be-1610\BlogEngine\DotNetSlave.BusinessLogic\Web\Extensions\ExtensionManager.cs:259
   ExtensionManager.LoadExtensions() in D:\Projects\Be-1610\BlogEngine\DotNetSlave.BusinessLogic\Web\Extensions\ExtensionManager.cs:210
   ExtensionManager.ExtensionEnabled(String extensionName) in D:\Projects\Be-1610\BlogEngine\DotNetSlave.BusinessLogic\Web\Extensions\ExtensionManager.cs:55
   BlogEngine.Core.Utils.LoadExtensions() in D:\Projects\Be-1610\BlogEngine\DotNetSlave.BusinessLogic\Utils.cs:543
   ASP.global_asax.Application_Start(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Lloyd-Work\MyWork2\www\WPIBlog\BlogEngine.Web\Global.asax:87


Further where is the source for BlogEngine.Core?!? (so that I could diagnostic my problem!!!)


Mm.. running the web site I also got this error:

- $exception {"Invalid column name 'Slug'."} System.Exception {System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException} 

  BlogEngine.Core.DLL!BlogEngine.Core.Providers.DbBlogProvider.SelectPage(System.Guid id) Line 566 + 0xd bytes C#  BlogEngine.Core.DLL!BlogEngine.Core.Providers.BlogService.SelectPage(System.Guid id) Line 145 + 0x19 bytes C#  BlogEngine.Core.DLL!BlogEngine.Core.Page.DataSelect(System.Guid id) Line 325 + 0x14 bytes C#  BlogEngine.Core.DLL!BlogEngine.Core.BusinessBase<BlogEngine.Core.Page,System.Guid>.Load(System.Guid id) Line 271 + 0x16 bytes C#  BlogEngine.Core.DLL!BlogEngine.Core.Providers.DbBlogProvider.FillPages() Line 853 + 0x39 bytes C#  BlogEngine.Core.DLL!BlogEngine.Core.Providers.BlogService.FillPages() Line 182 + 0xb bytes C#  BlogEngine.Core.DLL!BlogEngine.Core.Page.Pages.get() Line 253 + 0x6 bytes C#  BlogEngine.Core.DLL!BlogEngine.Core.Page.GetFrontPage() Line 288 + 0x6 bytes C#> BlogEngine.Core.DLL!BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpModules.UrlRewrite.context_BeginRequest(object sender, System.EventArgs e) Line 59 + 0x6 bytes C#