E-mail setting error

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Business Logic Layer
Nov 3, 2010 at 12:37 PM

I'm new to BE and i have an issues.

- Im trying to sent my email setting in order to able to recive emails from Contact page, but i wasn't able to set it right.

Following are the requiremenet fileds and how :

Email Address: (mymail@mydomain.com)
SMTP Server: (mail.mydomain.com)
Port Number: (25)
User Name: (mymail@mydomain.com)
Password: (mymail password)

When i click "Test mail setting" button i got this error [Could not connect - Failure sending mail.]

I don't know if i missing something here or there something i need to do so i can get all email that sent from contact page

Any help would be appriciated it.

Could not connect - Failure sending mail.]
Nov 5, 2010 at 2:40 AM

Try setting your username to just the username part; not including the @domain.

What kind of mail server are you on?

Nov 7, 2010 at 5:31 AM

I tried your advice and the old error gone :) but now i got another error, and i think its related to server if i'm not mistaken.

Could not connect - Transaction failed. The server response was: Sending address not accepted due to spam filter

My mail server is (SmarterMail Enterprise 6.8).

Is there anyway to configuer my mail server setting to six this problem?

Nov 7, 2010 at 8:35 AM

try port 26 or 2525

Nov 7, 2010 at 8:55 AM

@ rashed

When i tried 2525 it gave me the same old error

but when i tried 26 it take while and then gave another error

Could not connect - Failure sending mail.

check it here...  http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/6011/myblogtestmailsettinger.png

I don't know if there are more setting i have to do with my hosting company or my email server setting, right?

Nov 7, 2010 at 9:33 AM

I'm working with (SmarterMail Enterprise 6.8) with this configs and everything working well.

Try to put the IP of your Email server with port 26 , other than this check with your hosting company if they have offline time for Mail server or doing any maintenance [this happend with me before :) ].

Nov 7, 2010 at 12:04 PM

I've tried to look for the IP of mu email server but i wasn't able to find it.

can you tell me where i can find that?

Nov 7, 2010 at 1:06 PM

I think you can find it in your control panel or  ping your mail.mydomain.com to get the IP