Pingbacks,trackback, and Referrers does not work

Nov 5, 2010 at 6:35 AM
Edited Oct 24, 2011 at 5:01 PM

Pingbacks,trackback, and Referrers does not work

Version: BlogEngine.NET 1.6.2.32
Source Download: blogengine-3818a114d7c6 and blogengine-cc92ad3332be  (Downloaded today 05 Friday Nov 2010 )

I downloaded the most recent source code, open the solution file with Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2010 Express.

Then I build the Core

Closed the solution and then open up the web website with the new dlls in the bin folder.

Now when I go to tracking I get the following message:

There are no pingbacks or trackback. Make sure you enabled sending and recieving trackbacks/pingbacks in Advanced settings section.

In the Advanced settings it is set to Send and Received both boxes are checked for both pingbacks and trackback.

Now when I go to the Referrers section I get the following message:

There are no refferes. If you want to enable referrer tracking open settings from the link in the top right corner of the page.

I click on it and the box opens up I check enable referrer for 2 days and then the box automated closes does not say that it was saved.
Also when I click the save button it does nothing too. Also I notice that there are two of them one green and the other grey. Click on both still nothing.

Posting and Making pages seems to work fine.

So far this is all of the errors I have found.

[Posted in the Issue Tracker but no reply yet posted here maybe I will get a reply?]

Java Blog

Nov 5, 2010 at 7:59 AM
Edited Oct 24, 2011 at 5:59 PM

Any help with this issue?

Coordinator
Nov 5, 2010 at 3:02 PM

Saving referrers settings is broken (not yet completed, to be exact). It will be fixed soon.

You have to actually receive pingbacks/trackbacks for them show up in that list. Do you have trackbacks in your posts that show in the post comments but not in the tackbacks list?

Nov 6, 2010 at 4:53 AM
Edited Oct 24, 2011 at 6:00 PM

No I do not have any pingbacks or trackbacks just getting the message:

"There are no pingbacks or trackback. Make sure you enabled sending and recieving trackbacks/pingbacks in Advanced settings section."

They are checked in the settings but seems to have no effect.  Also the Referrers is not working. 

Just wanted to be sure that it is a "known" issue and that its being worked on.  No hurry to get it fix.

Heard that BE 2.0 Beta coming soon and just wanted to be sure that its known that there is errors with the pingbacks,trackback, and referrers thats all.

Thanks for your reply and look forward towards the BE 2.0 Beta release :)