This project is read-only.

Add Entry Not Working

Topics: Controls
Nov 6, 2010 at 8:19 PM
Edited Nov 6, 2010 at 8:38 PM


I recently installed BlogEngine.NET 1.6.1 into a local Web site now under development for a client.  I successfully moved BlogEngine.NET into its own a '/blog' subdirectory by generally following the instructions detailed here:  (BTW, it sure would be nice if there was a distribution of BE that was more friendly to this scenario; I find it's a common request of clients to want to add a blog into an existing site.)

Anyway, as far as I could tell up till now this has been successful: the code seems to be running okay, and all functions appear to work. I can login as Admin, change site settings, change themes, etc.  I can also post new entries to the blog successfully using WLW.  (The site is currently running locally under either the Expression Web or VSWDE development servers.)

However: I just discovered that when I try to use Add Entry in the Control Panel to post content to the blog, something strange occurs:  the post is not saved if any text is entered in the content textbox.  It fine works if I add just a title with no content; however, if there is any text in the content box then when I click the 'Save' button, the page reloads (with all the controls having the same values), and no post is actually saved to the store.

Again, using WLW I can add text to the post with no problems.

I'm using only the Web distribution and do not have the source code to BlogEngine.Core.  I'm using the default XML store, not SQL Server, and this behavior is consistent using different browsers.


Nov 6, 2010 at 10:37 PM

I'm guessing you have BE installed in an ASP.NET 4 IIS application pool -- as opposed to ASP.NET 2.0.

If this is the case, in the web.config file, there is an existing <httpRuntime> tag.  Add requestValidationMode="2.0" as shown below:

<httpRuntime .......... requestValidationMode="2.0" />

Nov 6, 2010 at 11:41 PM

Thanks Ben, that worked like a charm!