Front Page is not staying a front page

Nov 15, 2010 at 11:44 AM
Edited Oct 24, 2011 at 5:13 PM

I have checked the page that I wanted to be the Front page and when I go to it.

It is working but when I click on other links and then click home it goes to the recent posts and not the front page.

 

Also when I leave the site and come back the front page is not showing just the posts. 

 

I check the admin/pages the check mark is still checked for the front page.

 

This is the page that I want to be the front page:

 

http://aspspider.net/kbdavis07/page/Brian-K-Davis-Professional-Online-Resume.aspx

Thanks,

 

Brian Davis

Java Blog

Nov 16, 2010 at 4:31 PM

Still having problems with the front page.

Coordinator
Nov 18, 2010 at 6:26 AM

If I navigate to:
http://aspspider.net/kbdavis07/

I see the list of Posts, not the front page (the resume).  Your original message seems to indicate that it's only not working when clicking on other links and then clicking on home.  But it seems like it's never working.  Is there a URL I can navigate to that demonstrates that it works?  Works, meaning that the resume appears on the front page.

For debugging purposes, I would temporarily modify the default.aspx file in the blog root folder.  In there is a <asp:Content> tag.  After the opening tag, add this:

 

<asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="cphBody" Runat="Server">

  <h2>
    Request.Path.ToUpperInvariant() = <%= Request.Path.ToUpperInvariant() %>
  </h2>
  <h2>
    BlogEngine.Core.Page.GetFrontPage() exists =
    <%= BlogEngine.Core.Page.GetFrontPage() != null ? "exists" : "doesn't exist" %>
  </h2>
  <h2>
    Request.QueryString.Count =
    <%= Request.QueryString.Count %>
  </h2>
  <h2>
    Request.Path.ToUpperInvariant().Replace(".ASPX.CS", string.Empty) =
    <%= Request.Path.ToUpperInvariant().Replace(".ASPX.CS", string.Empty) %>
  </h2>
  <h2>
    string.Format("{0}DEFAULT.ASPX", BlogEngine.Core.Utils.RelativeWebRoot.ToUpperInvariant() =
    <%= string.Format("{0}DEFAULT.ASPX", BlogEngine.Core.Utils.RelativeWebRoot.ToUpperInvariant()) %>
  </h2>
  <h2>
    Request.Path.ToUpperInvariant().Replace(".ASPX.CS", string.Empty) ==
    string.Format("{0}DEFAULT.ASPX", BlogEngine.Core.Utils.RelativeWebRoot.ToUpperInvariant()) =
    <%=
        Request.Path.ToUpperInvariant().Replace(".ASPX.CS", string.Empty) ==
        string.Format("{0}DEFAULT.ASPX", BlogEngine.Core.Utils.RelativeWebRoot.ToUpperInvariant())
    %>
  </h2>
  
  ....... existing content .........
  
</asp:Content>

 

Then when you pull up your blog, you should get some debugging information when the list of posts appear.

Your information will look different than mine (I'm testing where the URL is localhost/be_1_6_2_10).  I get the following when I set a Page to be the front page.

Request.Path.ToUpperInvariant() = /BE_1_6_2_10/DEFAULT.ASPX

BlogEngine.Core.Page.GetFrontPage() exists = exists

Request.QueryString.Count = 0

Request.Path.ToUpperInvariant().Replace(".ASPX.CS", string.Empty) = /BE_1_6_2_10/DEFAULT.ASPX

string.Format("{0}DEFAULT.ASPX", BlogEngine.Core.Utils.RelativeWebRoot.ToUpperInvariant() = /BE_1_6_2_10/DEFAULT.ASPX

Request.Path.ToUpperInvariant().Replace(".ASPX.CS", string.Empty) == string.Format("{0}DEFAULT.ASPX", BlogEngine.Core.Utils.RelativeWebRoot.ToUpperInvariant()) = True 

..............

If you paste the debugging information you're seeing here, that might be helpful.