500 Internal Server Error due to "lock violation"

Nov 16, 2010 at 8:52 PM

Hello,

I'm suddenly getting an 500 Internal Server Error when trying to access our blogEngine 1.6.1 blog.  Has worked fine for months, now suddenly this.  Am assuming something has changed with persmissions somewhere by our web host or a developer that I'm just not aware of but can't find the resultion.  Here are the details.

==========================================

Web.config snipet (starting at line 120):

<modules>
            <remove name="RequestFilteringModule" lockItem="false" />
   <add name="WwwSubDomainModule" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpModules.WwwSubDomainModule, BlogEngine.Core" />
   <add name="UrlRewrite" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpModules.UrlRewrite, BlogEngine.Core" />
   <add name="CompressionModule" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpModules.CompressionModule, BlogEngine.Core" />
   <add name="ReferrerModule" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpModules.ReferrerModule, BlogEngine.Core" />
            <add name="RequestFilteringModule" lockItem="false" />
  </modules>

==========================================

Error details:

Error Summary
HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error
The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid.

Detailed Error Information
Module IIS Web Core
Notification BeginRequest
Handler Not yet determined
Error Code 0x80070021
Config Error Lock violation 
Config File \\?\D:\GoNannies\BlogEngine.NET 1.6.1 (web)\BlogEngine.Web\web.config
Requested URL http://blog.gonannies.com:80/
Physical Path D:\GoNannies\BlogEngine.NET 1.6.1 (web)\BlogEngine.Web
Logon Method Not yet determined
Logon User Not yet determined

Config Source
  120:   <modules>
  121:             <remove name="RequestFilteringModule" />
  122:    <add name="WwwSubDomainModule" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpModules.WwwSubDomainModule, BlogEngine.Core" />

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks!
Jill

Feb 14, 2011 at 6:24 PM
Edited Feb 14, 2011 at 6:24 PM

I am having the same problem. How did you resolve this?

Feb 15, 2011 at 9:44 AM

I am having the same problem

Feb 16, 2011 at 8:25 PM
Edited Feb 16, 2011 at 8:26 PM

My disk quota seemed to be full. I increased this and still had the problem. The folders may have been corrupted - I copied them locally and ran from a localhost and it also failed just giving a blank page. I completely deleted the folders and added new folders with the same files and it somehow fixed the problem.