Parser Error Message: Unknown server tag 'blog:PostCalendar'.

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Business Logic Layer, Controls, Themes
Nov 18, 2010 at 5:51 PM

Hi everyone,

I have a website www.scaryvideoz.com and and has been working fine until today when I suddenly got an error message when I tried to view my site. I conteced GoDaddy and asked them about it, they told me to paste a code into my web.config file that will show the source of the error. I did that and indeed got a new error message that goes like this:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Unknown server tag 'blog:PostCalendar'.

Source Error:

Line 4:  <asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="cphBody" Runat="Server">
Line 5: <uc1:PostList ID="PostList1" runat="server" />
Line 6: <blog:PostCalendar runat="server" ID="calendar"
Line 7: EnableViewState="false"
Line 8: ShowPostTitles="true"


Source File: /default.aspx    Line: 6


Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3615; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3053

 

I've seen similar threads with similar errors on this website, but I couldn't find an answer explaining hot to fix it. Please tell me what to do to fix this, I would really appreciate your help. BTW I don't know the first thing about programming so try to be as clear as possible, just pretend your explaining how to fix the problem to a total idiot.

Thanks

Coordinator
Nov 19, 2010 at 5:53 AM

I don't think the PostCalendar itself is the problem.  More a symptom of the problem.  For example, these other URLs on your site produce errors too (different errors).

http://www.scaryvideoz.com/contact.aspx
http://www.scaryvideoz.com/syndication.axd

Not sure exactly what the problem is.  In the BIN directory, there should be a file named BlogEngine.Core.dll.  I would try temporarily renaming that to another name (just for a couple of seconds), and then change it back to BlogEngine.Core.dll.  Changing the name like this should re-start the application, and if you're lucky, it may just need a restart.

Nov 19, 2010 at 6:10 PM

I was lucky =), it worked like a charm. I can't thank you enough BenAmada. Easiest fix ever. I owe you one, because you saved my website. Thank you!!!