Spam Config Issues 1.6.1.0

Topics: Business Logic Layer, Controls
Nov 25, 2010 at 5:59 AM

In the configuration section, under "Moderation", if I uncheck the "If not moderated, all comments approved by default" check box, all the config panels disappear? Am I missing something?

If I try to check the "If comment was deleted, always block author" check box, it toggles to unchecked when I click "Save Settings"?

Coordinator
Nov 25, 2010 at 8:01 AM

For the first thing, that checkbox is "Moderate comments" (this label is on the left side of the checkbox).  "If not moderated, all comments approved by default" is supposed to be a description or note of what "Moderate comments" means.  That aside, if you uncheck Moderate Comments, this means that you don't want to moderate and that all comments should be approved.  In this case, because all comments will be approved, the bottom controls are not needed.  That's why they disappear.

The checkbox for "If comment was deleted, always block the author", this was not implemented in 1.6.1.  Meaning, it was there, but checking or unchecking it was not being saved, and it wasn't being paid attention to.  Basically, it wasn't doing anything in 1.6.1.  In 2.0, that checkbox now will add the author's email address to the blacklist if you delete a comment (and if that box is checked).

Nov 25, 2010 at 2:51 PM

Thanks Ben :-)