AddThis.NET extension

Nov 27, 2010 at 6:52 PM

Anyone know how to get this extension working in BE_2.0 RC?

Thank you.

Coordinator
Nov 28, 2010 at 6:30 AM

If you mean this AddThis.NET, then what needs to be done is to all of the .CS files (AddThis.cs and the .CS files in the BookmarkButtons folder), add the following "using" statement to the top of each file where the other "using" statements are:

using BlogEngine.Core.Web.Extensions;

Nov 28, 2010 at 8:07 AM
Edited Nov 28, 2010 at 8:24 AM

Would this be specific to BE 2.0 because I am using it successfully in 1.6.

Update:

I believe I answered my own question because after inserting the code above the website behaves nicely, thank you Ben.

Mar 14, 2012 at 5:49 PM

so i had to do the same above to get it working for my 2.5.x installation.  But when i want to save any updates i get the below.  anyone have any ideas on how to fix or what the issue is?

Raw Url : /admin/Extensions/Settings.aspx?ext=AddThisDotNetv5&enb=True

Message : A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (ctl00$cphAdmin$AddThis$AddThisID="").

Source : System.Web

StackTrace : at System.Web.HttpRequest.ValidateString(String value, String collectionKey, RequestValidationSource requestCollection)

at System.Web.HttpRequest.ValidateNameValueCollection(NameValueCollection nvc, RequestValidationSource requestCollection)

at System.Web.HttpRequest.get_Form()

at System.Web.UI.Page.GetCollectionBasedOnMethod(Boolean dontReturnNull)

at System.Web.UI.Page.DeterminePostBackMode()

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)

at ASP.admin_extensions_settings_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)

at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()

at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

TargetSite : Void ValidateString(System.String, System.String, System.Web.Util.RequestValidationSource