"More" Link Not Working

Topics: Controls
Nov 30, 2010 at 6:50 PM

Hello-

I have installed the "Commentator" extension within my BlogEngine 1.4.5 installation. Whenever I enable it, the "more" links stop working through out all blog posts and the entire post is listed on the home page.

So, instead of readers seeing a bitof the blog post and clicking "more" to see the rest on another page, the entire post is showing up. For some odd reason, the "Commentator" extension is causing the the BlogEngine software to ignore that functionality... I have gone through the extension's site, but there does not seem to be any support.

Does anyone have any advice on how to correct this issue (besides deleting or disabling the extension)? If I must get rid of it, can anyone suggest another good method (or extension) for fighting SPAM on comment posts?

Thank you in advance for your time and help!

Coordinator
Nov 30, 2010 at 7:17 PM

BE 1.6.1 has recaptcha available for comment spam.  The Commenter extension was actually integrated into BE 1.6.1.  The upcoming BE 2.0 includes all of this functionality as well.

You could also turn on the AkismetExtension (you need to get an API key).  This does a pretty good job at identifying incoming comment spam.  There's other filters like Akismet built into BE 1.6.1 and BE 2.0, such as StopForumSpam.

Nov 30, 2010 at 10:36 PM

Hi Ben-

Thanks for your time in answering and for the valuable response... My issue with upgrading the software is that the person who developed my client's site is no longer around. But, he did tell me that if I upgraded the software, many of the customizations he made to the code would break.

As such, I would obviously love to avoid upgrading and then having to track down all the customizations he was referring to. Are there any other SPAM filter solutions that would work with what I have?

Thanks again.