BE 1.6. does not work proper in production server

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Dec 2, 2010 at 12:56 PM

I have a problem with BE in production server. It works fine in local IIS7. The problem is that after publishing the blog-message,

or after updating an existing one, the new or updated message content does not remain constant but varies between the old and

updated ones when clicking the message links again or refreshing otherwise the page. This problem shows itself up also in the

message listings where the new messages are shown like in categories or recent posts.

I use MSSQL server 2008 as the backend for the blog contents. In the database, the changes or the new pages seems to be

seen but in the browser the old, i.e. unupdated and updated content varies when clicking the message links. Also, fairly rarely, I

get the following error message especially after adding the new post and after reclicking the link of the message:

Server Error in '/blog' Application.
The resource cannot be found.
Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.  Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /blogipost/viesti-5.aspx

So, what is causing this problem in production server that I cannot meet at local server, and does any one know how to solve it?

Dec 3, 2010 at 12:19 PM

.... hi,

I have not still found any solution to the problem. I installed BE on the same production server

to test if it has the same problem - and yes, it has: message and page additions are instable, they do

not stay solid after publishing them but appear and disappear in a very unsystematic strange ways

after reclicking or refreshing the page.

This obviously seems to have to do with the production server's configurations or possibly something to

do with web.config -settings. The production server's IIS version is 6.0 and to my knowledge there

is .Net 2 version selected, though requested server variable, HTTP_USER_AGENT, informs of the

higher version: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; fi; rv: Gecko/20101026 Firefox/3.6.12 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0E).

Could this has anyhing to do with the problem?, Has anyone any suqqestions?

Dec 3, 2010 at 12:31 PM

I'm not sure but did you set the permissions on the app data folder?

Dec 3, 2010 at 3:57 PM

Thank for the reply - yes, the problem seems to be related to permissions. - For my hoster's conpanel seems to work unreliably.

Even though I had set the permissions on the app data folder they did not come into force, I had to do it three times until they

seemed to start staying on. But there is still something wrong with my hoster and the BE issues are most obviously related to that.

At least, now I now what is the root of the problem - so, thank you once again for turning my

attention to tight direction!