reCaptcha text is too small to read in RC 2.0

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Dec 11, 2010 at 10:07 PM

Anybody having this issue:

The text in the reCaptcha box is too small to read, I have not been able to find a way

to change that for now.

Any help would be appreciated.

Angelo

Coordinator
Dec 12, 2010 at 6:38 PM

The captcha text itself that is purposely distorted is an image that should be the same size in all cases.  Do you mean the text around it, such as "Type the two words" ?

How does recaptcha look on this page (at the bottom) compared to how it looks on your site?  Same size?  If you try a different browser, is it also small? 

Are you using a custom theme, or a theme that is included with BE ?  If you're using a custom theme, try temporarily switching to the Standard theme to see if the size is small there too.

Dec 12, 2010 at 7:20 PM

Hi Ben,

Here is my page:

http://24.201.126.250:8021/blog/

The recaptcha on the link you shared looks just fine, but on my page you can see the end result.

I will try  with various themes to see if that makes a difference.

Thanks for any assistance provided, hopefully can get this figured out.

Angelo

Coordinator
Dec 12, 2010 at 7:29 PM

Thanks for the link.  The problem is with a CSS style in your theme's CSS file.  In the theme folder (themes\Dilectio) is a file named style.css.  It has this in it:

img { border-style: none;
    border-color: inherit;
    border-width: medium;
    padding: 0px;
    margin: 0px;
    text-align: center;
    height: 11px;
    width: 19px;
}

This is suppressing the size of every image on the site to 19 pixels width and 11 pixels height (including the Recaptcha image that has the text).  You can remove the width and height, so you end up with:

img { border-style: none;
    border-color: inherit;
    border-width: medium;
    padding: 0px;
    margin: 0px;
    text-align: center;
}

Not sure if this will cause other problems with your theme, but will fix the recaptcha size problem.

Dec 12, 2010 at 11:09 PM

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the quick reply and solution, I will check out the rest of the site to see if that changes anything besides I am thinking on adding some functionality to the engine, I would be pleased to

add something, perhaps an RSVP module or extension and my own theme as well.

Thanks

Angelo