BE Change - Login Link

Topics: Controls
Dec 12, 2010 at 5:43 PM

Currently Login link is placed in the main navigation  bar. I suggest to move it in to Administration widget. When user is not loged in, only Login link is available in Administration widget.

Dec 12, 2010 at 6:29 PM

Thanks for the suggestion.  As you probably know, the Administration widget only appears for administrators (or logged in people).  To make this change would mean we would need to show the Administration widget for all users.  My guess is that a good amount of BE users don't really want the Administration widget to appear for normal site visitors ... even if the only link to appear is Login.

You can change your theme to display the Login link anywhere you'd like ... it doesn't have to be in the main navigation bar.  You could also create a simple widget that is like the Administration widget, but only displays the Login link, and maybe only appears when the person is not logged in.

Dec 12, 2010 at 6:57 PM

I agree with you on the administration part. However my point is to have a login link in Administration widget so user can easily move login link across the widget zones according to the theme. As you are aware that currently BE is in 2.0 RC stage and in this release, we have implemented the Page Menu control and it is having the login link. As we have moved the static link from master page to the Menu control, instead of it to have in to Administration widget which displays the login/logout links alongwith other administration links.