Support for Windows Live Writer

Topics: Controls
Dec 16, 2010 at 8:54 PM

I've read several articles but have found nothing that really allows me to use WLW with BlogEngine.NET.

Any ideas or solutions?

Thanks,
John 

Dec 16, 2010 at 9:21 PM

I think it works great with BE and use it for almost every post, give it a try.

Dec 16, 2010 at 9:23 PM

yes BE  support wlw perfectly, run wlw add new blog account a select other , then fill in url where your BE run a wlw connect and download settings automaticly...

Dec 17, 2010 at 2:01 PM

Tried that, it did not find it. What version of WLW are you using? It seems that the latest version does not work

Dec 17, 2010 at 2:14 PM

I am using the latest version Windows Live Writer Version 2011 and it is working fine for me.

Dec 17, 2010 at 2:55 PM

Strange, it does not pickup on the blog settings. I am forced to select a blog type, which of course does not include anything that works for BE

Dec 18, 2010 at 3:10 AM

WLW works perfectly with BE. One thing you have to note that WLW does not have selection option for BE so we have to manually select the type and configure. This is related to WLW itself not BE.

Nov 24, 2013 at 2:46 PM
WLW for Windows 8.1 Does NOT automatically pickup BlogEngine.NET and requires me to select one from the drop down list during the setup. Previous versions have worked perfectly and it's what I used to create virtually every post on my blog, but now it no longer picks up the type. I would be nice to either get BlogEngine.net up to some standard that is in the drop down list or communicate with the Windows Live Writer team to get them to add BE.NET to the list.

Thanks - I'd love to see this resolved soon.

Thanks again,
Eric
Coordinator
Nov 24, 2013 at 5:14 PM
Edited Nov 24, 2013 at 6:24 PM
I have WLW 2012 running on Windows 8.1 which I guess is a latest (wlw 2012).
I did Add account -> Other services -> http://localhost:53265 (running latest BE locally from Visual Studio).
That was it, it asked for user/password and let me post to the blog.
Sometimes it can't figure out type of blog, then you would pick "MetaWebLog" as protocol/provider and service as http://your/site.com/metaweblog.axd.
Nothing changed from previous versions either BE or WLW as far as I can tell.
Nov 25, 2013 at 12:35 AM
Weird! Thanks for responding. This is a fairly recent install so not sure why the issues.

I will try your idea, thanks for that!

Eric

Sent from my Windows Phone