Error with mp4 player with latest version

Topics: Controls
Dec 18, 2010 at 4:47 AM

I downloaded the latest version and compiled it in Visual Web Developer.  The used Ctrl Shift + W to view the default document.  When the site is opening I get the below error:

Line: 555
Error: Object doesn't support this property or method

I then go to debug and see:

jQuery(document).ready(function($) {
	$('audio.mep, video.mep').mediaelementplayer({defaultVideoWidth:480, defaultVideoHeight:360});
});
</script>

as the reference line number.  The error is   Object doesn't support this property or method.

When I try to view the site after uploading I cannot see the introduction mp4 video in Firefox and explorer but I can see it in Chrome.  In Firefox, it shows as just a grey box with a lightly colored X in the middle.  I can right click and download the file.  Nothing shows up in explorer.

Anyone have any ideas?

Coordinator
Dec 18, 2010 at 4:59 AM

Hmm.. not sure.  The introductory video in the latest build BE 2.0.0.22 is working for me in IE, FF and Chrome.

It's good you found and posted the error message.  In Chrome, you can play the video, but not in IE and FF.

In FF or IE, you could try doing a no-cache refresh, Ctrl-F5 to see if makes any difference.  Maybe I'll think of something else in the meantime.  It's probably not related, but you could try disabling the Syntax Highlighter extension in the control panel.  That has seemed to cause a couple of bizarre conflicts.

Dec 18, 2010 at 5:21 AM

It was a conflict with another extension I built using a lightbox script call slimbox.  I did have Syntax Highlighter disable so I enable and all still works.  Thanks!

Coordinator
Dec 18, 2010 at 5:25 AM

Ah, ok, I remember now that it was you that had the slimbox and Syntax Highlighter extension conflict.  Someone else had a situation too where Syntax Highlighter was causing a conflict ... it wasn't just in IE, but other browsers too.

Maybe you should try and find another lightbox jQuery script, and dump slimbox  :)  I remember you were originally using a different lightbox script and found this one.  There's still a few others out there that could work for you, and might not have these types of conflicts.

Dec 18, 2010 at 4:11 PM

I have tried many, most if not all at this link, and they all seem to conflict with Syntax highlighter.  Do you know of anyone successfully implementing a jquery lightbox without conflicting?

Aug 17, 2011 at 8:07 PM

Make sure you don't have another referenced jquery.js file. It was my problem with my custom rotator.