Register New User

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Business Logic Layer, Controls
Mar 13, 2008 at 4:01 AM
I am curious to know if anyone sees any value in having the ability to allow users to register on your blog. I envision this would be a normal new user creation process that would probably involve having an email sent to them to confirm their account information before approving the new account creation. I was also thinking that a user account could be configured in a new role called reader and have the users automatically added to this role when the are approved.

Does anyone think this is worth doing? I am interested in doing the work but only if people think it would be useful.

Chris
Mar 14, 2008 at 12:53 PM
Very useful, IMO... Registered users can be somewhat more trusted, so it would be nice if registered users could comment without moderation. Also, it makes the site more "personal" to them, which is a definite bonus. Being able to send out the occasional email to all users to let them know a feed link or smthng else important has changed would be quite useful.
Aug 30, 2009 at 4:30 PM

User registration and post moderation... is it possible, how?

Aug 9, 2010 at 5:18 PM
Seems rather insecure to NOT have this feature. I'd like to be able to make certain posts or pages only available to users who are signed in, or users of a particular role. I'm still growing accustomed to BlogEngine.net source, so a fundamental change like this is a little out of my league for now. Is there a possibility this'll make the next version?
Coordinator
Aug 9, 2010 at 9:29 PM

It is already in the source code, so yes definitely part of the next version.

Aug 29, 2010 at 10:08 PM

Is it possible to get a hold of it sooner? Or will the next version be coming out very soon?

Sep 27, 2013 at 7:41 PM
Is the new version out yet?
Sep 28, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Never mind! I found that awesome check-box! Thanks!