BE 2.0 Config Error

Dec 31, 2010 at 11:20 AM

Hi

I installed my 1st blog engine 2.0 installation with no problems.  Windows 2008 server IIS7

I am now trying to add a 2nd blog on the same domain but under its own appliaction. But when I load the blog I get this error

Error Code 0x800700b7
Config Error Cannot add duplicate collection entry of type 'add' with unique key attribute 'name' set to 'FileHandler'

194:             <remove name="ScriptResource" />
  195:             <add name="FileHandler" verb="*" path="file.axd" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpHandlers.FileHandler, BlogEngine.Core" resourceType="Unspecified" requireAccess="Script" preCondition="integratedMode" />
  196:             <add name="ImageHandler" verb="*" path="image.axd" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpHandlers.ImageHandler, BlogEngine.Core" resourceType="Unspecified" requireAccess="Script" preCondition="integratedMode" />

Does anyone know a work round for this please?

Jason

Coordinator
Dec 31, 2010 at 6:14 PM

In the parent / root application's web.config file, you'll want to add the <location> tags shown in this post ... around the <system.web> section and the <system.webServer> section.  These <location> tags should go into the root application's web.config file -- not the new sub-application you are installing.

Dec 31, 2010 at 10:08 PM

Thanks Ben

Worked a treat... could have kicked myself, I used that a long time ago back on version 1.45.

anyway thanks for the quick response.

and happy new year to you :)

Jason