500 internal server error

Jan 30, 2011 at 9:26 PM

Hi,

after trying to enable the newsletter widget, I get an

500 - Internal server error.

There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

I stoped an started the server again but no joy. I can not access the blog any more! somebody knows where to fix this??

urgent help would be very much appriciated

regards

Rob

Jan 31, 2011 at 2:22 AM

If you're using IE, you need to enable script debuggiing and analyse the error message

Jan 31, 2011 at 9:26 AM

Thank you,

In IE I do not get any faults in the debugger when I request the default page, the server is simply sending an error page!

but when I copy the whole server map to a new VS project for debugging. If I run this, I get an error in the newsletter.widget ascx file. Complaining that there are no form tags arround it!

How can I uninstall this widget without running the blog? I suppose there is somwhere a XML file or a setting that's adding this widget to the page. if I can disable the widget the blog will probably run again,

and then I can start debugging the newsletter widget. But first I needto get the blog running again.

regards

Rob

Jan 31, 2011 at 10:00 AM

Hi,

foud out that the widgets are set in the App_data/datastore/widgets/be_WIDGET_ZONE.xml file.

commented out the line

<widget id="befd1553-a9e7-4c4c-a261-f618d9310f77" title="Newsletter" showTitle="True">Newsletter</widget>

And now the application is running again! now I will try to find out whats wrong with the newsletter widget itself.

Regards

Rob