Can't see markup in RichText Editor when I post YouTube Cli[

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Jan 31, 2011 at 10:57 PM

I am using the latest version of the BlogEngine. It is fantastic. One problem however after I embed standard YouTube code to display a clip I can't see the markup in edit mode to make adjustments.

I used to be able to see it in the older versions of BlogEngine but not now, as RawHTML mode isn't showing me all of the markup.

Any ideas? 

Feb 2, 2011 at 9:59 AM

You can't see the markup while editing ... but if you save the post, does the YouTube clip work on the front end?

Feb 2, 2011 at 7:24 PM

yes the YouTube clip works but I have a couple of users who would like to edit their posts and adjust the width of the video in the YouTube object tags (as it is too wide and overlaps the edge of the blog sidebar). The problem is when they go to edit mode it doesn't let them do that.

Feb 4, 2011 at 9:34 AM

If you haven't tried it yet, there is an "HTML" toolbar icon in the WYSIWYG editor (top row, second icon from left).  It works similarly to "Raw HTML", but is a popup window that tinyMCE opens.  It has the raw HTML in there ... not sure, but hopefully the markup will appear when using the "HTML" toolbar icon.

With BE 2.0, I'm able to click the HTML toolbar icon to open the popup window, and then paste in an <object> tag from YouTube, click OK ... I don't see the markup, but if I click the HTML toolbar icon again, I see the markup in the popup window ... OR if I click the "Use raw HTML editor" checkbox, I see the <object> tag markup in that case too.  At least for me, it's working like this in FF and IE.

If I paste in an <iframe> tag from YouTube, then tinyMCE completely clears it out as by default it doesn't allow iframe tags without changing the tinyMCE settings.