Help with BlogEngine - Admin & FireFox

Topics: Controls
Mar 22, 2008 at 8:10 PM
Edited Mar 23, 2008 at 11:42 PM
Hi,
I just had BlogEngine installed through my GoDaddy hosting. The installation seemed to go fine, but now I have an issue

In Firefox I am not able to do much. Sometimes when I load the site I get a blank screen, sometimes I get half the screen, and sometimes I get the full screen. I don't seem to have this issue in IE.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Mar 23, 2008 at 3:05 AM
Just checked and Firefox seems to halt at the calendar javascript in your sidebar:

<a href="javascript:CalNav('2008-02-22')"

If this is caused by some code in the SQLProvider version you're using,
rtur might help you out.

Sorry for being unfamiliar with that build.

Cheers Mike

PS: in case you prefer XML over SQL for
your GoDaddy account with BE.NET then
check out ModPack
Mar 23, 2008 at 6:17 PM
Edited Mar 23, 2008 at 11:42 PM
Thanks for your reply. Firefox is the only issue I appear to have left. No matter what installed theme I choose it appears firefox bombs when it tries to load the page. It seems to just die in a random part of the page.
Mar 23, 2008 at 7:14 PM

I have the source of the page at www.impactsem.com/source.txt if anyone wants to take a look and try to help. I'm pretty novice at this, so any help at all is always appreciated. Thanks!

Downloading your source and using Firefox 2.0.0.12 I don't get any problems. I have had problems in the past with HTML verifcation type addon in Firefox in the past which crashed my browser on certain pages so you might want to try disabling addons and give it another go.
Mar 23, 2008 at 7:26 PM
Edited Mar 23, 2008 at 9:41 PM
Thanks!