I've tried several times to get a fresh install of 2.0 running on a server. I'm attempting to have it run in a /blog subfolder which in IIS is a virtual folder under the main site.
The blog loads fine and I am able to log in as the admin. The dashboard correctly reports that there are 1 post, 1 category, 2 tags, and 1 user which are the defaults.
However, if I go to the Posts or Users tabs, nothing is listed. If I try to add a new user, it's not added. If I go to the settings tab and try to save a change, clicking the Save settings button doesn't do anything.
I thought maybe it was a problem with the default XML data, so I switched to using SQLite instead. I get the exact same problem however.
It's not a .NET 4.0 site and I'm not getting any client side script errors.