Posts are scrambled

Feb 18, 2011 at 1:46 AM
Edited Feb 18, 2011 at 1:49 AM

I downloaded the latest 2.0.0.36, converted to a web project and everything looks good locally and post deployment. I can do just about everything, but when I view my post it looks like what is below. It looks good in the blog list though. I used the OOTB blog editor.

�`I�%&/m�{J�J��t��`$ؐ@�����iG#)�*��eVe]f@�흼��{���{��;�N'���?\fdl��J�ɞ!���?~|?"��Ey�')=��y6����h�����O��6���Η�<]Vm��m�Vi�L�e�f�:ǟ�?�+/{К�:� �T����W�v�<[��~2�g�2��?�ʋ�y�hYՋ������t� _N���M�l�����{�,��Xn���Q�}�����*g�������7�� ~�`�j'u>K�{_�IW�2��������,KO�eS��יy�/���m^+E eB��c*�j�w��,�Vu���q�2? @]�uC_��X_����E^��d�Tm[-��;�w�v�V�r�MJY��y���uYP祐���2�����uC� ԡO��w}V|W�J�d��\0��>��m.

Here is a link to it.

http://breadandtulips.com/blog/default.aspx

BTW. Great job, I'm really having fun with this code base.

Coordinator
Feb 18, 2011 at 5:01 AM

In the control panel, under Settings -> Advanced Settings there is an option to "Enable Error Logging".  Check that box, click Save.  Then try pulling up the post again (the place where you get these garbage characters).  Then try checking the App_Data folder.  There may be a file named logger.txt that has some error details.

Feb 18, 2011 at 8:32 PM

I fixed this Since this is a web project I needed to explicitely name the assembly in BlogEngine.Core.Utils.CodeAssemblies.

Setting assemblyName to my web project assembly name in 2 places fixed the issue.