Disappearing text in post(s) from home page

Topics: Themes
Feb 20, 2011 at 11:58 PM

Odd - in a new install of blogengine.net 2.0.0.36 via webmatrix gallery and web deployed to a server 2008 r2 iis 7.5 regardless of theme, browser web Matrix/iis express or deployed iis 7.5 site I have a strange case of disapearing text in blog posts displayed on the 'home' page. If I display the individual post I see all the text. I hit home and as the page begins to display I see the text but by the time the page is fully loaded the text is not visible. I noticed this in a post I had with some javascript and a url. So I tried another one with a picture and finaly one with just text. Here is a partial screen capture http://is.gd/suxLTK so you can get an idea of what I'm talking about. In this 'test of disapearing text' (sp) ;-) I put a [more] in the text many lines down. You can see the more in the post several blank lines down and several blank characters to the right but not the text! I've also tried viewing the iis 7.5 web deployed site from other browsers on the intranet with the same results.

Coordinator
Feb 21, 2011 at 2:08 AM

Did you look at it changing to standard theme? It could be that CSS sets text to white color on white background or some kind of visibility trick.

Feb 21, 2011 at 2:47 AM

Previous to my original post I have tried changing from Royal Blue to Standard and to Old School several times. Same odd display behavior.

Hmm just tried Indigo after reading the post from rtur. Displays corectly with Indigo. I switched back to Standard and the text disapears again. Back to Indigo, OK. Back to Standard nope text gone again. Back to Indigo displays corectly again.

Guess I'll try to reinstall Standard? Seems like Standard would be pretty Standard. :-)

Are there any files outside of the themes directory structure that I should verify / re install?

Feb 21, 2011 at 1:00 PM

Solved. Deleted the entire site. Started over. Seems to be working corectly.